Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a New Year, People!

Goals in progress for today: #5 Document my year by taking a picture (with me in it!) every week.  Two goals added! 

It's been 2 weeks since my last post which makes me feel like a major slacker.  I'd claim that I've been really busy, but truthfully I haven't been any busier than anyone else, and plenty of you have been posting.  Perhaps one of my resolutions will be to blog more frequently.  I think I'll shoot for twice a week.  That seems doable and it also doesn't seem like so much that people would get bored.  I didn't get to mark anything off the list, and I really didn't do a whole lot toward being able to mark things off, but I did take a bunch of pictures of myself!! 

Christmas was great this year.  The BF got me a strand of pearls and a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge.  A bit incongruous but I was a very happy girl. 




On Christmas Eve my family had our annual Christmas Eve party with the extended family.  I asked my aunt to take a picture of me with the BF, and I asked him to check to see if I had anything in my teeth.  And she took the picture.  Of him looking at my teeth.  Here are my #5 Document my year by taking a picture (with me in it!) every week for week 11.



Every year the NHL has a game on January 1st in an outdoor stadium.  They call it the Winter Classic and this year it was in Pittsburgh between the Penguins and the Capitals.  The BF is a die hard Penguins fan so we made the 6 hour pilgrimage from Indiana to Pennsylvania for the game.  It was cold and rainy and the Penguins lost but we still had a lot of fun.  Here's my #5 Document my year by taking a picture (with me in it!) every week for week 12.  Please note the guy behind us who also posed for the photo.  :)


I have been trying to come up with the last 2 things to round out my list of 30 things, and with some help I finally have.  #29 will be complete the 500 Fesitval Mini Marathon.  My sister will be doing this with me.  It's going to be a huge training commitment, especially considering that neither of us is particularly athletic, but it will be a great time.  My friend Amy suggested the last one to me, and I'm really excited about it.  #30 will be Dine at a Michelin Guide Starred Restaurant.  It will not be cheap, but it will be amazing.  I haven't decided which restaurant I'll be going to, but I know it will be in Chicago.  I'll be sure to update when I've picked it out. 

That's all for now everyone.  I promise that next time I post I'll either mark something off the list or have made progress toward marking one off. 

1 comment: