Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rosebud

Goals in progress for today: #6 Volunteer somewhere I wouldn't normally volunteer, #8 Send 10 handwritten letters, and #15 Watch the classic movies everyone has seen but me

I've had Citizen Kane sitting by the television for two or three weeks now and I finally got around to watching it tonight.  For years I've heard about how wonderful it is, and how it's stunning, and how it's considered the best movie ever made.  I had very high expectations of this movie, and frankly I was disappointed.  That's not to say it's not a good movie, but it was not what I thought it would be.  In the past few weeks I've watched Citizen Kane, A Streetcar Named Desire, Rocky, and Harold and Maude.  Surprisingly my favorite (by far, I might add) has been Rocky.  What do you all think?  Is #15 Watch the classic movies everyone has seen but me complete, or are there more I need to watch?



A few days ago I decided to do a little research regarding opportunities for #6 Volunteer somewhere I wouldn't normally volunteer.  I found something I think I'd really enjoy doing so I emailed the lady to ask what I needed to do.  As of yet I have not heard from her, but I'm trying not to lose hope.  If it doesn't work out with this particular place I'll just have to find something else.  Such is life.

I haven't written a letter in quite a while so I decided today would be the day.  The fact that I forgot to bring my knitting and had nothing to do over my lunch hour may have also played into this decision, but the end result was a written letter.  This brings my total for #8 Send 10 handwritten letters to two.  My last letter was very well received, and I got a nice voicemail from the recipient.  This letter will be heading to my grandmother, who I don't call or see enough.  My friend Jessica got me a really cute gift to help me with this goal and this was the first time I got to use it.  Here's a picture of the adorable stationery she got me! 

1 comment:

  1. Um... No missy you are not done with classic movies. There are whole genres of classic movies that have not been represented by what you have watched... unless of course you have already seen them and I don't know about it. For example everyone should watch at least one Hepburn-Tracy movie and one Day-Hudson movie. I could go on and on... we'll have to discuss this off site! (I love classic movies can you tell)! Glad you like your stationary!

    ReplyDelete