Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Goals in progress for today: #3 Have a meal/coffee/visit with a friend or family member twice a month, #10 Participate in NaNoWriMo and hopefully finish, #12 Visit one kitschy/specific/small museum or attraction every month, and #5 Document my year by taking a picture (with me in it!) every week.

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  I'm out of state meeting the BF's family for the first time.  It's been a while since I've posted anything so here's a quick catch-up: BUSY!  This month has been completely nuts.  While I have been working on #10 Participate in NaNoWriMo a bit, this will not be the year I make it to 50,000 words.  I'm not going to embarrass myself by putting my word count on here, but suffice it to say, it was abysmal. 

Last weekend I went to Mounds State Park with my friends Carol and Jessica, and Jessica's son.  We had a fantastic hike, which helped Jessica in her blog's goal of visiting a park and hiking every weekend in November, and helped me with my goal of #3 Have a visit with a friend member twice a month, so it was a win-win.  It was a beautiful day, we had a great hike, and Jessica had her kid strapped to her back the whole time!


From there we went to Carter's Antique Toy Museum, which had an adorable ice cream parlor in it.  Each booth had its own little juke box, and I spent 25¢ to play 3 songs. 


The museum was very cool and had all sorts of interesting things.  They had an entire floor of old coin-operated rides, which was probably more fun for us than it was for Jessica's kid.  Seriously, we were cracking up!  November's installment of #12 Visit one kitschy/specific/small museum or attraction every month was a success, and the price was actually $2 cheaper than what was listed on the website (bonus!!).  Here are a few pictures:









Since I was so far behind in posting, here's my #5 Document my year by taking a picture (with me in it!) every week for last week and one for this week:



That's all for now, faithful readers.  Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment: